Donnerstag, 14. April 2016

Brake caliper refurb - Amazing results!

When I dismantled the brake calipers 3 weeks ago, they were in a sorry state:



So, I polished the pistons. re-assembled them into the cylinders and send the parts over to my fellow buddy Jens, the Master Blaster. All components were media blasted and cad-plated. I also send over some bolts and bits:

as well as some brackets for powder coating:

Especially for the brake bits I didn't expect much, they looked far gone - but:
Here are all those parts + new refurb kits from ATE:

Front calipers:
I cannot believe how nice the came back to live!

The pistons, freshly polished, without the cylinders:

and the rear calipers:


I already assembled the rear ones: All seals and the plastic sliders are replaced, new vent valves as well:



The only thing left to do is to align the pistons and assemble the pads and sensors!

During the weekend I will assemble the front calipers as well.

Usually, I like the silver-colored plating better, but as Porsche always used the yellow plating - this was the way to go:
Hood latch, ARB brackets and misc. parts look better than new again!
Thank you Jens for super service, once again!

The air filter brackets and hood latch are re-assembled already:

1 Kommentar: