Freitag, 21. Oktober 2016

New headliner

When I bought my car, the original headliner was cracked and missing in some places. Luckily, a brand new original headliner came with the car. Yesterday I took my time and after ~7 hours the new headliner was in. I am well chuffed with the result. No wrinkles or waves!

First step was to roughly layout the headliner and affix it with clamps.







Then I started gluing from the front towards the back, then the Targa cut out.

I am well chuffed with the result. No wrinkles or waves!







At the same time I exchanged the rear interior cards, some "pro" installed a set of Blaupunkt speakers (some + 20 years ago) and butchered those rear interior cards. As they also took their toll due to leaking Targa seals (deformed and moldy), they had to go:







The car also came with a nice set of used spares. Now the interior only needs a good clean, then I am ready for the MOT-like TÜV inspection to get it back on the road. This is a challenging task, as even minor mods need be approved by an engineer. Things like wild engine swaps or using wheels of a different make and model - almost impossible here in Germany...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen