Donnerstag, 28. Dezember 2017

Back from the body shop!

Yesterday I could finally pick up the 944 after the extensive body repair. Those guys did a great job:

The new rear panel, a new bumper and rubber strip mounted, perfect straight lines...

The PORSCHE decal and the 944 badge will be added soon. I think I will use some vinyl to black out the area between the rear lights - as it has been before the repair:

On the inside:


I already started re-assembly. To affix the carpet on the sides of the trunk, Porsche uses some plastic clips which wear out when you remove them. I found a neat little 2-piece clip which works perfect:


You can easily push the centerpiece in, so the legs of the clip spread out, when you pull the pin out again, the clip can be removed without any damage.

They come in a box of 6, for ~6€. the only thing I hate about them: They are originally from a French car... Everybody who knows me, knows that I am not really the biggest fan of French vehicles...

1 Kommentar: