Montag, 7. März 2016

Scuttle area

With the windshield apron and wiper mechanism out, it was the perfect time to take care of everything in this area.
Even though it will be covered by the new apron later, I removed, cleaned and repainted most of this area.
This is what I found when I removed the old apron:


Everything was filthy and covered with leaves of the last 30 years.

For a start, I removed the leaves and gave the area a once over with the vacuum cleaner:

I dismatelled the blower housing for a good scrub:


But the inside is much more important than the outside, look at the "Hamster wheels" before:

and after a good clean:


Then I cleaned, degreased and repainted the whole area, also the fuse box cover received a bit attention:
After a quick check, I found out that the new apron required some modification!

A cut-out for the windscreen locator was missing, This is the old part ontop of the new one:

So, a bit of marking, drilling, cutting and filling later:



The new part will fit:


Too bad, nobody will see all the shiny new paint and clean condition of everything!
Hopefully, the used (ebay-purchased) wiper mechanism will show up soon!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen