Samstag, 26. März 2016

Wiper mechanism, the finale!

After more than a month of waiting and swearing, ebay fraud included, I finally was able to re-install the wiper mechanism. The original one got disintegrated during dismanteling, the threaded domes collapsed both, as a result of heavy corrosion, they simply got "welded" to the nuts:


New vs. old mechanism:



After a good clean and re-grease of all moving parts of the mechanism, I carefully maneuvered everything back into place - which is a nightmare of a job.


 I got carried away and did the final assembly.


I was well chuffed, until my eyes caught this:



I was so keen to get everything back together - I forgot to install the blower motor! So, the blower housing cover went off again (12 screws), blower motor in, 12 screws back in - and a quick test of wiper and blower revealed no issues!



Now I can finally install the new apron - the only reason I removed all this stuff!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen