Dienstag, 12. April 2016

NLA !? - Not for Volkswagen Classic Parts !

Whenever you try to order a spare part and the answer is NLA - You are in trouble.
NLA = No Longer Available... I am collecting all parts required to overhaul the 4 brake calipers and the front guiding springs ( I know, this is almost unheared of, but some calipers do have a guiding spring) are NLA at Porsche. In fact the guy at the parts counter said to me: I am working since 38 years in Porsche and I have never seen or sold this part - the last price in the list was 10,38€ - but is listed as NLA! 
Luckily, in this case it is a common part between Porsche and VW, so I checked with Volkswagen Classic Parts. They still have these parts available and @ 2,73€ +tax each - the postage was higher than the price for the 2 springs, but the point is: I have them and I can rebuild the calipers soon!





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen