Samstag, 4. Juni 2016

Final assembly

Find the failure:


When I checked the brake lines before bleeding, I found out that I managed to install the left caliper on the right and vice versa, so I had to change them.
 
The bleeding nipple was on the lowest point of the caliper!

Now, the brakes are bled and work really nice, they have a firm pedal pressure.
The wheels are on as well.
During a first check the Instrument warning lights for brake wear and brake fluid lit up and after engine start they disappeared, like they should.
So far so good!

The most important work is done. Brakes are totally refurbished, front struts as well, drive shafts are equipped with new CV joints, the front anti roll bar is powder coated and rests in new Porsche rubber, the timing and generator belts are new, driver seat is repaired, power windows are installed and working, updated shift lever installed, targa roof seals are renewed, the interieur is cleaned and the small niggles like quartz watch and instrument cluster are repaired, the heat control is also repaired.
It took much more time than expected, but here I am. Tomorrow I will put the Porsche back on the ground and check if it moves again on its own power...

This is what I did today: Inner fenders left + right installed

 The de-laminated rear window and a good polish of the bad paint are next on the list of thing to fix...

1 Kommentar: