Sonntag, 3. Januar 2016

Let's get started

I couldn't resist to drive the Porsche into the garage for some initial work. I had to check if the brake parts I ordered are correct, some measurements had to be taken as well. What are the ARB (anti roll bar) diameters and so on. But, having the car in the shop, it would be stupid not to do a little work!
A first inspection was on the list as well. There was a sketchy cable on the battery I wanted to learn more about:



This little guy here - First of all, this is a color code used in houses, not in vehicles!  On top of that, this color code is for "ground", but used as "power"!
I followed the cable, it runs through the bulkhead - of course, no rubber seal - and into the instrument panel, under the glove box:

Oops, cut off somewhere, not isolated and no fuse - this could have been nice fire!

So, removing this junk and closing the hole in the bulkhead with a nice rubber cap:

I also checked the battery tray, a typical area for bad rust, but luckily, only some surface rust which can be removed easily!


The fuse box was checked as well. I found a broken fuse for the rear wiper - replaced it and it works again!


There is a very handy item in one of the relais, a fuse tester:


Which helped a lot to indentify the broken fuse, as it was not visible that it was defect!

More to come soon!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen