Donnerstag, 1. September 2016

Delamination...

I finally started the job of fixing the rear hatch window. The actual glass delaminates from the aluminium frame. this results in a leaky hatch and allowing the struts to deform the frame, making everything even worse.
First thing is to remove the hatch and place it on a well padded surface:


The rear spoiler is attached with slotted nuts - I thought I had the right bit - but I had to make my own:

I love my Dremel ;-)


Then start removing the old window glue:


The frame was pretty corroded:







After the glass and frame were separated, I removed the old paint and the corrosion:



You will achive the best results by regluing the glass onto the mounted frame.
So I test fitted the bare frame to see how the seal contacts the frame / glass:










Which is interesting, as some portions of the seal contacts the frame, whereas other contact the glass only - I wonder if this has ever been a water tight design?!

Now I have to remove the old primer from the glass, "re-contour" the frame and glue everything back together.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen