Montag, 12. September 2016

Electric gremlins...

During the rear glass repair, I also removed some interior panels and updated the loudspeakers:

Out with the (paper membrane) 80ies Blaupunkt, in with the (polypropylen membrane) Clarion speakers.

After assembly I tested the sound, but the rear right speaker was dead! I checked the wiring and found this:  
One of the crimped-on connectors got loose! I hate these crimp- type connectors, so I soldered and heat shrink-tubed all cables:

So much cleaner - and a smaller package as well! This issue must have been there for awhile, as there was a parallel wire (under the carpet) to fix this problem - but this parallel wire never got connected to the main loudspeaker terminals... Strange things are going on in this vehicle...

So, I yanked out the old speaker cable as well as the cable from the (removed) roof antenna:

So, weight saving and trouble shooting in 1 step. Currently I closed the hole in the roof with a plastic cap (painted in body color) but if I respray the car, I will weld this hole shut!

The temperature sensor in the cooler was broken, too. You need a 29 mm long reach socket to exchange this sensor. I don't know anybody with such a tool, so I had to buy this first!
I was expecting all sorts of trouble, but the exchange was no drama at all. Both, the drain plug and the sensor were easy to remove.

1 Kommentar: