Sonntag, 8. Mai 2016

front suspension: Struts and hubs

Currently I am dismantling the front struts for a rebuild - I picked up another set for cheap, so I can pick the best bits!

I found 2 top strut mounts which had no excessive play, so I put them in the parts washer and re-greased them for a 2nd life


The bolts and nuts will be cad-plated again - of course!

Just like on the VW bug, for whatever reason, Porsche used M7 screws to affix the dust shields to the spindle?! They are not easy to find, so I have to take extra care they don't get lost!

Those bits will be powder coated in black:

The rust and grime will be gone soon, new clips will be used to affix the brake lines and wear contact cables, again black powder coating is the plan here...
The rest of this stinky mess will not be used again - I am always amazed about how disgusting old oil from shock absorbers and gear boxes can smell!


 The hubs need a good clean,too. I already pulled the old wheel bearings out.


 I am excited to put this stuff back together, once it is all refurb'd, powder coated / cad plated / cleaned!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen